Friday, September 14, 2012

august 21st

        Today is the fetal MRI. Our appointment is at 8:30 a.m. We arrived promptly, got registered, and waited for them to call me back. After doing a quick weight, height, and blood pressure check i was ready for the MRI. Last time I had one done was about 4-5 years ago and i never remember it being as loud as this one was. I had her turn the music way up but i could still hear all the knocks, pings, and dings.At one point i counted the series of beeps. 150!!! and that was 2 sets into the series. When it binged really loud for an extended period i could feel Brooklyn moving like crazy. At one point she came over the headphones and said "ok, i'm gonna chase the baby now" i remember chuckling to myself. After about an hour and a half we were all finished and she told me that I would get results in about 24 hours. About 4 hours later the nurse from Cincinnati Children's fetal care center called and gave me the news. Brooklyns' gallbladder is on the left, her stomach is on the left, her liver sits transverse in her body, and they suspect that her bowels are malrotated. I asked her about the spleen and she said they can not definitively say she does not have one but they have yet to see one. She went on to tell me that they wanted to have a team meeting on 8/24 so we could go over all information so far and meet with the Dr's. and surgeons. My heart just dropped! I was in the middle of the grocery store trying to keep it together as i was being told all the new issues they had discovered with Brooklyn. I just couldn't believe that my little girl has so much going on with her. Over the next couple of days we tried to do research and prepare ourselves for the team meeting. We put together a binder for Brooklyn and got all of our questions ready. Now we had to just wait until Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment