Friday, September 14, 2012

september 10th

     OB and ultrasound appointment. At 25 weeks gestation Brooklyn weighs in at 1lb 9oz. She is measuring right on track  After my OB appointment Chris and I went to Cincinnati Childrens to meet with Dr. Ware(geneticist).  Dr Ware is well known in the Heterotaxy community for her knowledge and the research that she has done and continues to do. After speaking with Dr Ware we decided that after Brooklyn is born we will have the 4 gene heterotaxy panel done to see if they can find any genetic link of why she has heterotaxy. After leaving her office we kept talking about all we knew so far and what all we still needed to figure out about Brooklyn and Heterotaxy. I went to the computer and started doing more research. I stumbled across the Heterotaxy Hope Organization and The Heterotaxy Network on facebook. I put a post on there introducing myself and explaining what issues Brooklyn has in her Heterotaxy diagnosis. Replies started coming in almost immediately. I could not believe I found a site where it is full of mothers with children who share the same diagnosis(Heterotaxy) as Brooklyn. Since finding these two pages i have been connected with some amazing people. I have been able to ask questions receive input, and get advice from people who understand Heterotaxy first hand. I have only been a part of this community for a few days, but they already feel like family. After listening to other stories of children with heterotaxy and hearing about where they had their care at, we decided we wanted to see if we could get a second opinion from Dr. Del Nido. After speaking more with a wonderful group of moms who have Heterotaxy children themselves, I  sent out e-mails to Dr. Del Nido(CT surgeon) and Dr. Marx(cardiologist) on Sept 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment